Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pic #14- friends

Me, Ezra, & Risma

 
Ezra & Agung

This past Saturday I had the chance to hangout with 3 of my favorite people I have met so far in Indonesia. Risma is one of my friends that I met while at language school. She works at the school & I am so grateful that our friendship has grown out of our connection there. Ezra is her  5 yr old son. We have been praying together for his eye- since one especially often rolls back so far that only the white of his eye shows. On Saturday we went to get a 2nd opinion at an eye doctor- who confirmed that Ezra most likely does need surgery for his eye. Ezra probably sees double a lot of the time due to the fact that his eyes cannot focus- imagine how frustrating that has to be for a very active 5 yr old boy. The eye rolling back especially happens when he tries to focus, so it seems like he tries not to focus very long to avoid it.
 So we decided to make the day more fun with a ice cream treat. And Ezra was an excellent traveler since he wants to be a truck driver when he grows up- so seeing all the trucks & buses on the road keep him excited, and made the 2hr trip feel shorter. 
I also included the video above because I thought it was so cute. You can here my voice, and in my broken Indonesian language, I am asking him about the "frog" in his hand. Pak Agung, you may remember him from our VIP list, was such a great friend for Ezra that day. So grateful he was available to drive us to the eye clinic. 
It was my honor to "menemani" (accompany) Risma as she took Ezra to the doctor. And I hope to continue walking with her in this journey as they decide about surgery & treatment. And for all of us to grow in our trust & faith. Will you join us in praying for Ezra's complete healing?







No comments:

Post a Comment