Monday, January 16, 2012

Journey to Indo!

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Thought I would start this post out with a good quote about a journey, because the rest of this post is going to be... well... repulsive.  So a big thanks to my friend Mr. Tolkien for trying to save this post, but I don't even think Frodo and Sam could get through this one.

Ok so let's go ahead and get it over with.  I know that about two months ago when Jennifer and I had finally landed in this place that had become almost as elusive as Neverland, some of you wanted to know what the trip was like.  I did the best relaying of the facts that I could through story and picture, but I was sure that the video I had taken would be the best way for you to experience the journey.  The problem was that I had left a crucial cable in the states for transferring video from our recorder to our computer.  So after much communication with my parents about the missing cable we found that I had not only left it in the states, but I had very effectively misplaced it.  Some would say, I lost it.  Eventually the "recovery team" (my parents and myself) found the needed cord online, they ordered it, had it shipped to them, and then proceeded to ship it to us, we paid the taxes on it and picked it up here.  That is the short version of the big ordeal. 

So I am telling you all this because this video must be pretty incredible to go through so much trouble to actually get it from the video camera to this post right?  Wrong!  I have written out this whole story in hopes that you get bored and find a better post to read such as any of these or fall asleep before you actually get to the video portion.  In fact I am pretty sure that my mom will be the only person to watch the whole 6 minute video of our experiences on the two day trip here.  (Mom sorry but you have to watch the whole thing and at the end say that the video was the best you've ever seen.  Since I am your son you don't have an option.)

Can I make a last-ditch effort here before you have the choice to proceed and watch the video or save yourself and leave now?  Ok well I would just like to say that it was a long trip, I was tired, out of my mind, sometimes hungry, sometimes hot, and most of the time uncomfortable on the way here.  Are you feeling sorry for me yet? I hope so because if you aren't now you will be after you see this:


Wow! If you are still here after that then I commend you.  You should go buy yourself an ice cream or something as a reward! 

By the way did you notice I couldn't talk and that I thought the pineapple in the vending machine was real?  Yeah... I was pretty tired.  Surprised I even got here in one piece.  By the way we are now taking sign-ups for anyone that may want to come visit.  Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I didn't manage to make it through your video, but I am very glad that you didn't try to buy the pineapple, you probably would've been disappointed.

    ReplyDelete