Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Critters

For a science guy, Indonesia has a smorgasbord of exciting critters to observe.  So I just wanted to share a few with you that I have snapped pics or video of so far.

Jennifer grabbed a pic of this little cicok the other day.  These guys are everywhere, both outside and inside the house.  If you see one inside you may actually want to leave it because they eat all kinds of little insects that could be roaming your floors and walls.

Brilliantly colored metallic looking beetle that I caught my eye.

For some reason this beetle reminds me of a sleek, strong, armored warrior who needs to cut his toenails.

Appears as though Marcel has lost his shoes, but found a friend. Meet Marcel!

This snail would probably cover most of your hand if you were to hold him.  That is my wedding ring next to it to give a little perspective on size, and believe it or not this isn't the biggest I have seen!

I noticed this intriguing colony as I was walking home one day.  This was one focused bunch of ants, not sure on what, but they were focused!

Hope you have enjoyed this installment of "Critters" and stay tuned for future "Critter" posts of new, exciting, and possibly exotic creepy crawlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment