Friday, May 17, 2013

Pic a Day May- #17 a snap shot of "us"

Meant to have "day" at the end, this often happens in Indonesia- but I can take it as an encouragement to be just that.

This is the result of not having a real vase in the house. But I actually like it better, since I can place little bouquets in each room, and appreciate them more.





Today, I choose to share with you all, a little "picture" of us- Greg &Jenn.  This post will be little more intimate, but maybe some of you may appreciate a deeper look.
I think we are still close enough to mother's day that I can tell this story. This year (last Saturday) I had the chance to spend the weekend with my mom. Most of you know that is a rare treasure, since we are not often in the same country.
Last year, I woke up on Mother's Day Sunday, with an especially tender heart connected to my deep heart's desire to be a mother.  We were preparing for church, and I briefly shared with Greg that my emotions had "lined up" with my longing, and for him just to be aware that that was the reality of the day for me. I can never predict when that is going to happen. It doesn't happen every mother's day, it doesn't happen with every new baby born, & it is not every day for me- but sometimes my emotions connect with my longing, & my heart is tender. Those are especially precious times with the LORD if I choose to turn to Him.
As I was explaining this to Greg, there is a knock on the door, & it is a man delivering the flowers that Greg has ordered for me. That is when the tears came.
You see, I am married to this great guy, who buys me flowers on Mother's Day, even if it is risking "hurting" me, he still speaks celebration into our longing. He still celebrates me as his wife.
This is a timely post for me to write because yesterday I had an especially "ugly wife day".  My attitude was just ugly.
I was so frustrated with day of miscommunication we were experiencing  (this happens a lot, especially since we have rather different personalities & strengths. ) And my attitude, actions, and words showed it. And goodness, there is nothing like that that can make an already tired man MORE TIRED.
So today, I celebrate this man who is so tender towards me, who chooses to listen to my "outward processing" when he needs his introvert time after teaching all day, who has character & gentleness, but is also so strong & athletic. He is a science nerd, and I tease him about it a lot, but secretly really admire how smart he is. Who is "adaptable", laid back, go with the flow...and I need that, to balance me & to teach me. When I have a migraine he knows the plan & gets me medicine, an ice pack, & black coffee, without me having to ask.  He loves to cuddle & hold hands- even more than I do. He laughs at me A LOT-he actually thinks I am funny. He is adventurous & not just with hikes & bike rides, but with food & cultures.  He is so generous, especially with me as his wife. There is so much more I could say, but for now "Happy Incredible Husband (Day), Greg Evans!"

No comments:

Post a Comment