Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Behind the Lucky Charms

Why is it so easy to neglect the small things?

Take this blog for example. It really isn't much and doesn't take a long time to sit down and write a post, but it is so easy to neglect. Even though it really is so important to us to stay connected to you through this blog of ours, it is often that thing that gets put on the shelf behind the Lucky Charms, forgotten about- and often for extended periods of time.  Shout out to Curt Vernon for that imagery by the way! (from his song "Mason Jar Jesus")

SO... what has happened since we put this blog behind the Lucky Charms and forgot about it for a few weeks?

We have moved into the dorm, and when I say "we" moved into the dorm I mean I hobbled in on crutches and Jennifer arranged and moved everything we have from our house in the kampung to the dorm here on campus (with help from several friends.)  She has been really amazing in all of this,  which makes sense because those of you who know Jennifer, know how much she loves moving!  Oh.... and those of you who know me know how sarcastic I can be sometimes ;-)

Jennifer has also completed an entire conference done entirely in Indonesian.  She really is quite awesome at the language and communicating with people here in a way they helps them feel comfortable and cared for.  I am so proud of her because that was not an easy conference to participate in, especially in a second language.

We have also helped host three summer English camps here on campus. 

When Jennifer wasn't doing all of the things I just mentioned and even when she was, she still took  care of her lame husband.  She has been so wonderful since my surgery, don't know what I would have done without her. 

So as I pull this blog out from behind the Lucky Charms where we have neglected it, I just want to let you all know that I am so grateful for and so in love with my Bride, Jennifer Evans.

No comments:

Post a Comment