Friday, June 7, 2013

Pic n Tune June #7- rest & recovery time

sweet little "extra care" from our hospital staff
Yesterday we checked out of the hospital & moved into our rented apartment for more recovery time. A flight after a surgery is not the best plan, so we are here for another week- for ice therapy, elevating, and rest. I have already gone to fetch two 5kg bags of ice from a few blocks away- this is going to be a good work out.
So since we are here in Singapore another week, I thought we could share with you some of our favorite things about this island that has been our "Second Home" during this 1st 18 months in Southeast Asia. This is my 4th trip here so far...all for medical, but definitely some "treats" along the way.
There are so many things we enjoy. There are so many things that are different than our normal life in Indonesia. So we wanted to share some of that contrast with you.
Tonight, my fatigue has caught up with me (it could be those 5kg bag of ice pick up trips that have become the tipping point- Ha!)
Tonight, I have great comfort as I listen to this song...join me...

"Take a rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop" (Ovid)



No comments:

Post a Comment