Monday, February 27, 2012

That's Just Weird!!

So this weekend I had an opportunity to get out of the girls dorm and hang out with a few guys... yup jumped on that one! The girls in the dorm are great don't get me wrong and I have loved being their dorm dad for the past few months, but every now and then a guy will just need some "guy time".  You know what I mean... maybe play a few video games that have to do with some kind of warfare, while doing a James Bond marathon and eating lots of food! 

I would like to focus in on one of the portions of the weekend dealing with food.  It was lunch time and so all three of us guys raided the fridge and I got a couple of enchiladas to scarf down while we continued to play games and watch some "Bond... James Bond".  I got most of the way through my enchiladas and then it was my turn to play so I set down my plate with the last enchilada on it.  Of course I got distracted and forgot about it until the power went off (a common occurrence here in Indonesia).  So the power went off, taking the 007 and the video games with it, meaning that the only thing left to do was eat and play cards.  We found a deck of cards and began to play until the power came back on.  During that brief time of playing cards by flashlight I managed to eat most of my last enchilada, it wasn't until the lights came back on that I realized I wasn't the only thing eating my enchilada.

The ants eating this earthworm are about the
same size as the ones eating my enchilada. 
You can imagine my surprise when the lights
came back on.
With the power restored and the lights on I could see that my plate and my enchilada had become dinner out for quite a few ants.  OK so it was more like a small colony of ants!  Oblivious that they were even there due to the fact that these were tiny ants and the lights were out, I ate most of my "antchilada" before I realized I had dinner guests.  Oh well, just a little added protein right?

THEN!!! The next evening as I was walking back home from my "guy time" I kicked A SNAIL up onto my sandal shod foot.  If you haven't seen the snails here in Indo then you have to go check out the "Critters" post to know what I mean by A SNAIL.  Anyway when THAT SNAIL landed on my foot it felt much like I expect the people on a Nickelodeon game show feel when they get "slime'd".  To put it simply... it was gross!! Yup...kicked that sucker off immediately.

Those were my new experiences for the weekend.  If you have had an unusual or weird experience please let me know that way I feel better about me accidentally eating a colony of ants and giving A SNAIL a ride... er... flight.


1 comment:

  1. Haha....Greg, that's hilarious. Sorry you had to suffer from critters lately!

    ReplyDelete